Lysøen is an island in the municipality of Os, Hordaland, Norway right outside Bergen. Lysøen is also the site of Villa Lysøen (Ole Bulls villa på Lysøen), the home of Norwegian violin-virtuoso and composer Ole Bull until his death in 1880.
The island was originally the site of a farm established around 1670. The island was bought by Ole Bull in 1872 who constructed the villa. Russian architecture, and many wooden carvings. His second wife Sara Chapman Thorp (1850-1911) accompanied him to their summer villa on Lysøen. In 1974, Bull's granddaughter Sylvea Bull Curtis of Connecticut donated the island to the Society for the Preservation of Ancient Norwegian Monuments. Lysøen granted status as a museum in 1984 and has since been open to the public. Guided tours are conducted from early May to August. The villa serves as a museum in the summer and is used for concerts during the annual Bergen International Festival.